Who does not wish to look and feel attractive? Is there any better way to achieve this than having a nice natural tan? For a natural and beautifully sun-kissed skin, you have a few tanning options to darken your skin, highlighting your skin’s beauty.
But you may ask, why should I resort to these tanning methods when sun tanning is an easier option. Well, sun tanning only works best when the sun is shining brightly. Even with the best outdoor tanning lotions, prolonged stay under the UV rays can cause premature aging, burning, freckling, dryness, and skin cancer. Thus, damaging your dermal skin tissues.
These skin dilemmas have given rise to alternative UV-free tanning methods that are quicker, healthier, and more reliable. The effects show no streaks or sunspots, and there is no risk of skin aging or skin disease.
So, have you heard about airbrush tanning and spray tanning?
Airbrush tanning and Spray tanning are efficient and healthy tanning options with different brown shades to suit your skin color. It makes your skin glow as if you have just returned from the beach without actually bathing in the sun or exposing yourself to UV rays from tanning beds.
Tanning bed is another popular sun-free tanning option. Click here to know why it is less advisable to use tanning beds.
If the sunless tanning procedures are properly executed, beautiful bronze skin is just in a matter of minutes. The similarities of these two tanning processes have made people believe they are the same thing. Before you book an appointment with a professional tanning expert, you need to understand the difference between the two methods.
Difference between airbrush tanning and spray tanning:
What is airbrush tanning?
Airbrush tanning is preferred by many individuals over spray tanning. Many Hollywood celebrities pick this sunless tanning method to get an awesome tan in no time. In this process, tanning happens when the skin releases pigments that protect it from UV rays and permanent damage.
In airbrush tanning, a professional technician, on a one-to-one basis selects the chemical combinations that are perfect for your skin tone. This is a crucial step as every person has a unique skin tone, requiring a specific shade of tanner for a natural looking color.
The tanning solution will keep darkening the skin color until the optimum color is reached after 12 hours. Besides women, this method is gaining popularity among men who want to upgrade their looks. It allows them to highlight certain parts of their body, defining their thighs and abs.
Using an airbrush tanning gun, a tanning expert meticulously sprays the tanning lotion evenly to specific areas, while not getting fully into areas such as knees, elbows, or underarms. The active ingredient in the airbrush tanning solution is DHA (Dihydroxyacetone). It is a harmless organic compound that naturally causes a tanning reaction in the topmost layer of the skin.
- Due to hand administration of the solution, the technician can reach into concealed areas like under the breast or inner thighs. Conversely, if there are any streaks or stains after the process, the technician can do quick touch ups.
- Before proceeding, the technician will first check if the client has any allergic reactions. It is done by applying the tanning lotion to a small patch of skin.
- Cleanliness and hygiene are at the optimum level in this process. The airbrushes are cleaned regularly.
- It is an excellent, affordable, and easy procedure that takes up to 20 minutes. It can stay on your skin for approx 10 days and the tan does not lighten after showering.
- Booking an appointment with a good tanning salon can be a hard nut to crack as a good salon takes only a limited number of clients on a particular day.
- Although the sessions are personalized, it can become uncomfortable to completely undress in front of the technician.
- The better the quality, the higher the price! Be prepared to dig deeper into your pockets to grab the best tanning technician for a streak and stain-free natural look!
What is Spray Tanning?
Spray tanning is a comfortable tanning procedure to get flawless beautiful skin in at least 3 tanning sessions. In spray tanning, the solution is sprayed using a nozzle as you stand in spray tan booths. The booth is an enclosure where spray nozzles are strategically fitted in appropriate positions. It helps to evenly spray the solution all over your body, reducing any chances of getting an uneven tan.
Instructions are pre-programmed and can be heard through a speaker inside the booth. The solution is sprayed all over the body through nozzles with fast calculated bursts. The quantity of spray depends on how dark the client wants the tan to be.
- You won’t feel self-conscious as the tanning booths are personalized and there is no technician involved.
- The instructions are easy to follow.
- It is a quick and efficient way to get a natural tan rather than opting for a sunbath or lying on tanning beds for hours. Additionally, there are no health risks involved in this process.
- Since the amount of spray and timing is pre-calculated, you can decide from a photo catalog what kind of tan you want.
- The effect lasts up to 7 days, and the cost is the same across all service providers.
- The spray might not reach the concealed areas like under the breast or inner thighs.
- There are chances that the spray will accidentally get into your eyes.
- The tanning process can yield unexpected results if you fail to follow the instructions.
- Since several people use the spray booth, the process is not totally hygienic, unless a good salon takes the effort to sanitize the space regularly.
Now that you have read everything about airbrush tanning and spray tanning, you must have decided what is best for you. The Air-Tan team is ready to make you feel confident and beautiful with a flawless, natural tan. If getting married is on your cards, try the wedding spray tan to give you that extra glow on your special day.
Feel free to reach out to us at 317-254-8267 for any queries that cross your mind.