As most of you know, October is breast cancer awareness month. Cancer is a word that terrifies us, and specifically breast cancer hits home for a lot of us. Although there is no way to prevent breast cancer, early detection is key to survival. Knowing the signs and symptoms, frequent breast exams, mammograms, and healthy habits may help reduce the risks. Did you know that:
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
While these statistics are scary, there are so many resources now that can help you stay one step ahead.
Click here to help fund research and advancement in therapies. We at Air-Tan know and support this foundation. Understanding the facts about breast cancer is important to us and there is no better time than now to donate.
Click here to book your Air-Tan appointment or download the MindBody app and search for Air-Tan.
Broad Ripple- 317-254-8267