A good sunscreen (or a few good sunscreens!) is a summer must. Nothing ruins a weekend on the lake like a painful sunburn. Plus, there is no reason to get a sun tan when you already know the best place to get a beautiful natural-looking tan, without all the harm UV rays can cause your skin. So be sure to get your Air-Tan, then slather on your sunscreen before heading outside. But with so many brands, SPF levels, and options on the market, how do you choose?
- Always get an SPF 30 or higher. The fairer you are, the higher you should get.
- If you are going to be in the water or sweating, get a waterproof sunscreen. Be sure to note how long the sunscreen is waterproof (ex. ‘Water Resistant for 80 minutes’) and reapply as needed.
- If you are worried about certain chemicals, go the all-natural route and get a mineral sunscreen, like from my favorite sunscreen brand, Coola. They even have a sunscreen makeup setting spray!
- Get a special sunscreen for your face. Our faces are generally more sensitive and can break out, even from the same sunscreen you applied all over your body. You can also find face sunscreens that are anti-aging or anti-acne, so it’s doing double-duty.
- Understand what ingredients are FDA-approved for sunscreen use, and what they actually do. The chart below, from SkinCancer.org, is very beneficial.
To get your tan the safe and healthy way, book an appointment with Air-Tan!
Broad Ripple- 317-254-8267
We now offer online booking! Click here or download the MindBody app and search for Air-Tan.
Featured Image by: Flickr user earthlydelights