We get a lot of first time clients this time of year. Sometimes they are really overwhelmed with everything they need to know about getting an Air-Tan. It really isn’t as intense as it seems. Our website says, “For the best results, shower, shave, and exfoliate your skin before you come in. It is important to make sure that one’s skin is free of lotions, gels, deodorants, oils, perfumes, and other skin products. This is to ensure that there are no barriers between the Air-Tan solution and your skin.” There are usually some things we don’t discuss unless they come up. Below are a few other things you might consider before your next appointment:
- It is recommended that you have any facial or body waxing done prior to your spray tan. DO NOT get waxed after your spray tan and before your initial shower.
- Threading and waxing of eyebrows and lips should be done prior to your tan. It is okay to have your eyebrows plucked the same day after your tan.
- Please exfoliate with a non-oil based exfoliant/scrub and shave before your spray tan. We have a great body scrub that has Glycolic Acid in it to help remove any old self tanner and dead skin. This removal of dead skin will ensure a more even tan. Shaving before your tan is encouraged.
- Manicures and pedicures should be done prior to your Air-Tan application. This will help with the exfoliation process.
- Eyelash extensions are okay to have on and do not effect your spray tan. However because of the way eyelash extensions are applied, it is recommended that they be applied before your spray tan appointment. They can be applied the same day, as long as it is before your spray tan! This is because of the gel pads/tape that is used in the application process.
If you have any further questions about getting ready for your Air-Tan session, give us a call at any of our three locations!
Broad Ripple 317-254-8267