New Year’s Eve is one of the most anticipated holidays of the year. I have never been a huge fan as every year I try to go out somewhere fun and do something, it’s so expensive, crowded, overrated, and usually a let down. I have vowed to not ever try that again, but instead stay in and celebrate with those who matter most to me. For that reason, I have found some lovely New Year’s Eve drink, food, and decor ideas for your house party.
For that special New Year’s touch to your party, think pretty, metallic, and CHAMPAGNE – lots and lots of champagne. I love anything shiny – silver, gold, bronze, sparkles, diamonds..And I love a glass of champagne for any of all of life’s special occasions..Now I am beginning to wonder, why hasn’t New Year’s Eve always been my favorite holiday?!!!
1. DIY Glittery Champagne Bottles – You can do this with empty bottles to decorate your party…or full bottles to toast with…or even mini bottles to give as a party favor. Simply coat bottle with a thin layer of Mod Podge and roll in glitter. You can even do ombre or multi-colored glitter like these pretty pink, gold and silver bottles.
2. Blood Orange Ice Cubes – Drop these in a glass of champagne and YUM!!! You could do these with a variety of fruits or holiday cocktails.
3. Rock Candy Champagne – I really just LOVE the way the rock candy looks inside of the champagne flute. You could do this with different colored candy or even in a children’s mocktail with sparkling cider.
4. Confetti Cake – This New Year’s Eve Confetti Angel Food Cake is ADORABLE. I love how the icing isn’t perfectly smooth. It almost looks like snow. Add a New Year’s touch with multi-colored confetti sprinkles or even metallic sprinkles.
5. Champagne Jello Shots – Combine 1 package of white grape sparkling Jello mix with 1 cup of boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved – about 2 minutes. Let set until it reaches room temperature. Add 1 cup chilled champagne SLOWLY. Pour into 9×9 tray and refrigerate about 4 hours. Once firm, dip tray into hot water for 5 seconds then use a thin knife to cut into squares. Sprinkle with colored sugar just before serving.
6. Kid Friendly Shots of Milk – Are you welcoming your friend’s kiddos to your New Year’s Eve party? Include them on the midnight toasts and kisses with a shot glass of milk, rimmed with chocolate syrup and sprinkles.