Thanksgiving is a little bit later this year, giving us all a few days extra to plan our menus and do it big. Every year, my family makes their traditional foods – turkey, stuffing, cranberry relish, hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks and Captain Morgan, and pumpkin pie… But it’s nice to add new things to the menu every once in awhile, so I hit up my favorite inspirational website for some ideas – Pinterest, of course. Here are some fresh ideas I found for Turkey Day 2013…
- Talk about an APPLE PIE. This is an adorable, fresh spin on a traditional holiday dessert. I think I would add some caramel to this recipe though, just for extra holiday yummy-ness 🙂
- Brandywine Punch. I feel warm just thinking about it! Made with sparkling wine, ruby port, brandy and a few other items, this will keep you warm during the chilly autumn nights. Having a few Thanksgiving parties? Click here for more punch and pitcher recipes.
- Tired of the same old sides? Not only is this recipe super easy, but this Sugar-Baked Acorn Squash looks intriguing and delicious! The sweetness needed for this recipe is from real maple syrup. YUM!!!!
- Sweet-Potato Biscuits put a Thanksgiving spin on boring old rolls or bread. Take it to another level by serving with cinnamon or honey butter.
- Get fancy with your pie crust. How have I never heard of doing something like this before? Probably because I have yet to make a pie in life…but if I did make a pie, you can bet I would get fancy with my crust. Braid the dough for a fancy outer crust or use cookie cutters to beautify the whole thing. Wowzers! I love!
What’s your favorite way to put a fresh spin on a traditional holiday recipe?