Halloween is in a few days! Have you decorated or carved your pumpkins yet? I haven’t, so I compiled a list of Top 10 ideas. Whether you have already carved or not, these will surely get you in the Halloween spirit!
1. This one incorporates paint – the haunted house and the moon – and carving – the windows and the center of the moon. This is my kind of pumpkin, because I really dislike carving. I could definitely handle the small amount of carving necessary for this design.
2. Paint your pumpkin white. Slice it down the middle a few times with a sharp knife or a saw and cut out a few little spaces needed for the eyes and mouth. Be sure to mix up the slices when you put it back together to achieve this layered, mummified look.
3. These preppy, painted pumpkins are adorable! Do you like argyle?
4. Put some carrots in your pumpkin’s nose-holes for a funny nose the size of Pinocchio’s!
5. This Owl Pumpkin is so cute!
6. This pretty pumpkin features the face of Marilyn Monroe. This same technique was used in the haunted house pumpkin (#1). This look is achieved by not carving ALL the way through the pumpkin, but just taking off the outermost layer. Put a light or candle inside and it will still shine through.
7. This is how I am carving my pumpkins this year! No knives needed. Just use varying sizes of drill bits to make random holes or make patterns if you’d like. So pretty!
8. Paint your pumpkins to make them extra fancy. Add glitter, sequins, and paint for dazzling effects. Love these for indoors!
9. I also adore these. Paint chevron, polka dots, stripes, plaid, zebra or any pattern your little heart desires!!
10. I saved the best for last! I love this Tinkerbell pixie dust pumpkin! Cheat and print out a silhouette of Tinkerbelle and carve. Follow up by poking holes with a drill, toothpick, or fork for the pixie dust. Make sure to do a variety of sizes for the pixie dust. This would be even more pretty with a painted pumpkin!