It’s almost autumn! Somedays it feels like it, other days it doesn’t. This is Indiana after all! One thing I am SO ready for is my fall wardrobe. I love layering, dark colors (what woman doesn’t?!) and skinny jeans with boots. YIPEE! I am also ready for some nail color changes. I am pretty much addicted to mint green, coral, and Tiffany blue during the warm months, but those colors are now retired until next spring/summer for me. Here is my list of the top nail trends for this fall:
1. Plum/Chocolate – Just saw this color on a client the other day. It is in pretty much every polish line’s fall colors, but I really like this one by OPI. It’s called Muir Muir on the Wall and is a part of the new Fall 2013 San Francisco line. The hint of shimmer is perfect!
2. Oxblood – Another dark hue. Blacks are out this season, but everything else dark is in. Oxblood takes the ever-popular classic red to new extremes for fall and winter.
4. Neon Yellow – Yes, neons are still OK for fall and winter. I especially like this neon yellow paired with neutral colors like olive green, navy blue, taupe and ivory.
5. Shade Shifters- I have seen a lot of these in the last week, too! These are fun and so cool for fall! They come in dark iridescent colors…and even in bright colors like pink and purple. They change with the sunlight or with heat/cool.
6. 3D Accents – These are a favorite of Broad Ripple GM, Emily. Nail techs can do just about anything these days, so make a request and see how fun your nails can be!