Baby, it’s cold outside! With the cold outdoor temps and the use of indoor heat, we must all change up our hair routine a bit in the winter to keep our hair healthy, shiny, and moisturized. Here are some wintertime haircare tips to keep you looking good ’til spring!
1. Try to avoid washing your hair everyday. If you need some help, try a dry shampoo.
2. Wear a scarf or hat to protect your hair from winter winds. Make sure neither is too tight because you want to maintain your circulation to your scalp.
3. Never go outside with your hair wet. In freezing temps, this can cause your hair to freeze and actually break.
4. Limit your use of hot tools like blow dryers, curling irons, and flatirons. I find this alot easier to do in the summertime when I can just dry my hair with my car windows down – but in the winter, I avoid my blow dryer by showering at night and going to bed with my hair wet.
5. Heat dries out hair and skin so try to take lukewarm showers.
6. Lock in moisture once your hair is wet by blasting it for 1-2 minutes with cold water. This locks in moisture and boosts shine.
What’s your favorite winter time hair trick?