Labor Day in Indy
Here are a few highlights of fun events going on during Labor Day weekend here in Indy:
1) 16th Rib America Festival http://www.ribamerica.com/
- Friday, September 2 through Monday, September 5 in Military Park (downtown by IUPUI)
- General admission tickets are only $7, and this includes admission to the concerts! If you come before 5 pm on Friday or before 2 pm on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday, admission is FREE!
- Some of the bands that will be there are REO Speedwagon, KC & the Sunshine Band, the Doobie Brothers, and Everclear.
- There will be food from 11 different BBQ establishments from across the country.
2) Material World exhibit at the Indianapolis Museum of Art http://www.imamuseum.org/exhibition/material-world
- This exhibit is right up my alley!! It showcases clothing, couture, and ornamentation from all over the world and various cultures. This sounds awesome! There are even pieces from Chanel and Dior.
- This exhibit will be going on through February 6, 2012.
- Admission to the IMA is free.
3) If you want to enjoy the last remaining days of summer outside, here are some fun options:
- Indians games on Friday, 9/2 and Saturday, 9/3 http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/schedule/index.jsp?sid=t484&m=09&y=2011
- Symphony on the Prairie—Flash Cadillac will be playing music from the 50’s and 60’s on Thursday, 9/1 and Friday 9/2 http://www.indianapolissymphony.org/performances/symphony_on_the_prairie/information
- Labor Day Parade—Downtown, starts at the intersection of North and Penn St. Begins at 11:00 am on Saturday 9/3
What are your fun Labor Day plans?