The weather in Indiana is changing by the minute. The leaves will be golden shades of amber and copper, cinnamon and apples waft through the crisp fall air. We start putting on our layers of sweaters and leggings and fun boots. After we rake all the leaves into piles and jump in them, what is there left to do in the fall? As it turns out, I found there are a ton of festivals and fun things to do this season! I have listed below a few that caught my eye and might spark your interest as well!
Northside Nights September 15-28, 2014
- Great way to try out something new!
- More than 30 restaurants on Indy’s north side
- Offer 3-course, value-priced menus
- Reservations may be required at some locations
Tasting Tuesday at Mass Avenue Wine Shop
- Free tastings of wine from the wall every Tuesday, 5:30-6:30 PM.
- Free event!!!!
- Mass Ave Wine Shop and Cafe, 878 Massachusetts Avenue, Indianapolis, Marion County.
Avon Zombie Walk at City Park in Avon
- A fundraising event to help feed the hungry in Hendricks County.
- Saturday, September 27, 2014, 1:00 PM.
- Each zombie should donate at least 10 non-perishable food items for local food pantries.
- 1-4 PM. Free admission.
- Party City, 10397 E US Hwy 36, Avon, Hendricks County.
Riley Festival in Greenfield October 2-5, 2014
- One of Indiana’s largest street festivals with hundreds of booths covering 12 city blocks.
- Live entertainment, good food, arts and crafts, a parade, and lots more.
- Thu 5-9, Fri/Sat 9-9, Sun 11-5. Free admission.
- Courthouse Square, Greenfield, Hancock County.
While you start adding layers, and head off to these fun times, remember that no outfit is complete without a tan! You can be a golden bronze even when the sky is gloomy gray. Call us at any of our three locations to schedule your appointment today!
Broad Ripple 317-254-8267, Fishers 317-576-8267, and Downtown 317-395-7151