Halloween is almost here! Yipeee! I am a huge fan of the DIY Halloween costume because that is what I have had almost every single year since I started trick-or-treating. DIY Costumes are just as good quality as some costumes you buy off the shelf, a lot more creative, and you’ll never see another costume just like yours!
Here are some of my favorites from Pinterest:
1. Katniss Everdeen – for the more casual Halloween trick-or-treater. This costume is SUPER easy – and will surely be recognized as it is from one of the most highly-anticipated movies of the year. Grab a jacket and some arrows (hopefully not real!) and let the games begin!
2. Baby Bouquet – EEEK! I LOVE flowers and girly things. Naturally I want this costume for my future daughter. I wonder how long those tissue flowers would stay in place, though?
3. Nerd Baby – Enough said. Super simple and seriously adorable.
4. Miley Cyrus – With her antics this year, she is just begging to be mocked. Put your hair in two buns on top of your head, do a red lip, stick your tongue out A LOT, and wear something you can really twerk it in and you’re set!
5. Chanel Bag – Can someone PLEASE teach me how to sew so I can be this next year? Simply awesome!
6. Mariachi Band – I am a HUGE fan of group costumes. My girlfriends and I went as the solar system our Senior year of college. Sexy? No. Hilarious? Yes! Plus, who doesn’t love to rock a faux (or not) mustache for fun occassions?
7. Hot-Air Balloon– This is my BFF, Annie. She made this with tissue paper, cardboard, and balloons and it was AWESOME!
8. Corpse Bride – This is me! This was definitely my most intense, but fun costume to make. Found a vintage wedding dress, tattered and painted the bottom. Made a wreath of dark flowers for my head and did my makeup ghoulish. My boyfriend proposed to me on this same night while I was in costume (and he was my corpse groom) – so naturally, this is my favorite costume I have ever worn. 🙂