How to avoid Holiday Weight Gain
With the holidays upon us, it is easy to gain a few pounds going to holiday parties and family get togethers. Personally, nothing tastes better in chilly winter weather than something heavy, warm, and loaded with carbs. It’s easy to lose track of being healthy when there are holiday snacks everywhere and we are hidden under the bulk of warm, comfy clothes. Hopefully these few tips will help you stay on track!
2. Even though you shouldn’t strive to lose any pounds, do make sure you are still exercising. During the holidays, when you are consuming more junk, up your work out. Usually work out for 45 minutes a day? Try for an hour. Usually work out 2 days a week? Try 3 or 4 during the holidays.
3. Limit yourself to one cookie or slice of pie a day. Cookies, pies, and cake are loaded with sugar, carbohydrates, and starch. You can still indulge in these, but don’t go overboard.
5. Avoid creamy sauces and dips. Eat the veggies, but not the high fat creamy dip they are sitting next to. Substitute eggnog for a light beer or a glass of wine.
6. Indulge in the good stuff! Having turkey for holiday meals? White meat turkey is perfect! Just avoid the gravy.
7. Just can’t do it? Well, if all else fails, get your AIR-TAN and (look like you) lose 10 pounds instantly!!!