New Year’s Resolutions – In One Year and Out the Other
(Maybe not so) Shockingly, only eight percent of people actually keep their New Year’s Resolutions. Forty-five percent of people’s resolutions fall by the wayside by the end of January!
The number one New Year’s Resolution is to lose weight…If this is your New Year’s Resolution, I have a few tips to help you achieve it!
5. Don’t be too vague with your resolution. Instead of vowing to just lose weight, set specific goals. This will help you keep your goal in sight and give you something definitive to work toward. The key to losing weight is not dieting or fads, but an overall lifestyle change. For example, instead of making your goal to lose 10 pounds, you could make your goal to work out three days a week.
4. Get an Air-Tan! It instantly makes you feel better, look thinner, and serves as a good jump start to a better-looking you.
3. Write down what you eat. Seeing what you are actually putting into your body each day can enlighten you to making healthier choices.
2. Get a buddy! This has helped me personally more than anything else. Knowing that someone else is counting on you will make you more likely to actually go. It is alot easier to make excuses to not go if you don’t have someone else to hold you accountable.
1. Change your eating habits! Drink plenty of water. Most of us don’t get enough water and we actually confuse thirst for hunger. Also, try to avoid late-night snacks, eat smaller portions, and eat more meals throughout the day. Most importantly, you don’t have to cut out what you love, you just have to love it in moderation!
Whatever your New Year’s Resolution is, we all hope you have a tan, happy, and healthy 2011!