The 7 huge NO NO’s of Spray Tanning!
During our lunch break, Katelyn and I decided to search for spray tan videos on YouTube, and we came across this little gem. We were shocked, appalled, and amused at how terrible the process looked. Being the spray tan experts that we are, we know that there is NO way that doing this in-home spray tan could ever look even or natural!!
- The very first part is both Katelyn’s and my fave. The girl (who is named Samantha) hits the on button with her toe and immediately BLASTED in the face with the tanning solution. It is truly comical.
- After the initial blast, the flow keeps decreasing, so there is no way that the other sides of her body are going to have the same coverage as the front of her. The instructional video doesn’t tell you how to stand or how long to stand in each position, either. At Air-Tan, we tell you all the correct positions to make sure that every part of you is covered completely and evenly, and a technician is doing the spraying, which takes out all of the guesswork of wondering if an area is completely covered or not.
- Once the spray is done, Samantha comes out and rubs the tan solution in on her skin with her bare hands. What?!?! Touching the solution is going to also tan the palms of your hands. Who has tan palms? Nobody! Not a natural look at all. Once an Air-Tan is applied, there is no need to touch your skin at all, and you can get dressed immediately!
- The girl is wearing booties on her feet. These booties COVER her whole foot. How are you supposed to get a natural-looking tan with white feet? The video also doesn’t show how the tops of your hands get sprayed, so chances are that it’s not very even. The hands and feet are the two toughest areas to get right with a spray tan. Luckily, Air-Tan specializes in air brush tanning ONLY, so we have perfected the art of getting the hands and feet just right.
- Another thing I noticed is that there are no color levels to choose from. Just one shade. No customizability. Air-Tan has five color levels to choose from, and you aren’t limited to choosing only one level either. If you want a 4 on your legs, a 3 on your body, and a 2 on the face, it’s no problem at all for any of our technicians to customize the tan to your specifications.
- Also Samantha looks suspiciously the same exact color before and after her tan, so did this shower tan really make her tan?!?
- Finally, the cost of the whole setup is pretty pricey. The pricing is not available on the video, but I checked out their website and found that the ShowerTan machine is $345 (without shipping and handling)! That’s over four months worth of Unlimited tans at Air-Tan. It only comes with one bottle of tanning solution. This contraption may give you the ease of tanning at home, but Air-Tan provides the peace of mind of that your tan will be even, natural, and affordable.